Timothy ‘Tim’ Ferriss is a well-known writer, investor, and podcaster. His best-known book ‘The Four Hour Workweek’ is what started his rise to fame. His podcast has over 400 million downloads and his audience leans towards affluent and entrepreneurial.
Tim has been involved with the renaissance of psychedelics research as a donor/philanthropist (to MAPS). Recently he has spearheaded the Capstone challenge to raise $30 million for MAPS and has personally donated $1 million in matching funds (totaling his donations at over $2 million).
You can find all his work related to psychedelics here.
He has also written about psychedelics and done many podcasts that discuss psychedelics:
- Dr. Mark Plotkin on Ethnobotany, Real vs. Fake Shamans, Hallucinogens, and the Dalai Lamas of South America – Ethnobotany and great stories
- The Psychedelic News Hour: New Breakthroughs, Compound Comparisons and Warnings (Psilocybin/LSD/Ayahuasca/N,N-DMT/5-MeO-DMT), Treatment of Trauma, Scalable vs. Unscalable Approaches, Making Sense of “Bad” Trips, and Much More (#458) – Tim and others are interviewed about the (recent) progress with psychedelic research and look forward at the next few years
- Mike Novogratz on Investing, Bitcoin, Ayahuasca, and Running Through The Sahara Desert (#451) – A lot about investing, a shorter part about Ayahuasca
- Blake Mycoskie — TOMS, The Hoffman Process, Conscious Uncoupling, and Psychedelics (#446) – Lot’s about goal setting, parts about various psychedelics
- Rick Doblin — The Psychedelic Domino That Tips All Others (#440) – Update on research with Rick Doblin and ask for donations to MAPS
- Sam Harris on Psychedelics, How to Cope During a Pandemic, Taming Anxiety, and More (#433) – Good discussion on dose and safety measures
- Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy (Resources) – links to training for therapists and many book recommendations
- Marcela Ot’alora — How to Become a Psychedelic Therapist (#396) – describing her journey and advice for others
- The World’s Largest Psychedelic Research Center (#385) – Launch of The Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research at Johns Hopkins
- Psychedelics — Microdosing, Mind-Enhancing Methods, and More (#377) – roundtable with Robin Carhart-Harris and three more
- Michael Pollan — Exploring the Frontiers of Psychedelics (#365) – a conversation with Michael Pollan, author of How to Change Your Mind
- “Trip of Compassion” — The Most Compelling Movie I’ve Seen In The Last Year – Tim promotes this movie about MDMA therapy
- Stan Grof, Lessons from ~4,500 LSD Sessions and Beyond (#347) – a conversation with Stan Grof, his experience and philosophy highlighted
- Sam Harris, Ph.D. — How to Master Your Mind (#342) – a conversation with Sam Harris, about meditation, your mind, and psychedelics
- Paul Stamets — How Mushrooms Can Save You and (Perhaps) the World (#340) – a conversation with Paul Stamets, about mushrooms
- Michael Pollan — Exploring The New Science of Psychedelics (#313) – an earlier conversation with Michael Pollan, author of How to Change Your Mind
- Dr. Gabor Maté — New Paradigms, Ayahuasca, and Redefining Addiction (#298) – a conversation with Gabor Maté about addiction
- Are Psychedelic Drugs the Next Medical Breakthrough? (#104) – a conversation with Martin Polanco and Dan Engle about psychedelics and therapy
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide – Risks, Micro-Dosing, Ibogaine, and More (#66) – a conversation with James Fadiman about psychedelics research