MindMed is one of the largest companies in the psychedelics space and is developing various psychedelics for mental health disorders.
MindMed (Mind Medicine Inc.) has various drugs in clinical trials. LSD for anxiety is the most advanced (Phase 2b), with LSD for suicide headaches and LSD microdosing for adult ADHD following shortly behind that (Project Lucy). MindMed is also researching 18-MC for opioid withdrawal & addiction and is in the early stages of research with MDMA and DMT. In August 2020, they also registered a trial with MDMA and LSD.
18-MC (synthetic molecule derived from ibogaine) was bought from Savant HWP Inc. and is currently in Phase I of clinical trials and is well-tolerated so far.
In November 2020, the company also launched their ‘Albert’ initiative, announcing (more) plans for making digital apps/platforms around psychedelic therapies.
“MindMed gains exclusive worldwide rights to data, compounds, and patent rights associated with the Liechti laboratory’s research with LSD and other psychedelic compounds, including data from preclinical studies and eight completed or ongoing LSD clinical trials.”
MindMed is listed on the stock exchange and is also known for having Kevin O’Leary (Shark Tank) and Bruce Linton (Canopy Growth) as investors. To date, the total investment in MindMed is $30.2 million (updated: now over $50 million). The company has now been listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker MNMD.
MindMed has raised $175.8M in funding over 8 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on Mar 8, 2021, from a Post-IPO Equity round.
- PT233 – JR Rahn of MindMed – LSD, ADHD, and Decriminalization (Psychedelics Today, March 2021)
- NYU Establishes Center For Psychedelic Medicine With $10 Million From MindMed, Philanthropists (Forbes, February 2021)
- MindMed Reaches Agreement to Acquire HealthMode, a Leading Machine Learning Digital Medicine Company (Psilocybin Alpha, February 2021)
- Can LSD cure our pandemic anxiety? MindMed is spending big to find out (Fortune, February 2021)
- MindMed Streamlines Leadership with Further Emphasis on Integrating Psychedelic Drug Development with Digital Medicines and Therapeutics (press release, February 2021)
- MindMed Expands Psychedelic Microdosing Division, Adds Groundbreaking Study Evaluating LSD Microdosing Through Next-Gen Digital Clinical Markers (Psilocybin Alpha, January 2021)
- MindMed Surges, Putting It at Forefront of Psychedelic Euphoria (Bloomberg, December 2020)
- MindMed to Launch Albert, A Digital Medicine Division for Psychedelic Medicines (press release, November 2020)
- MindMed Announces the Completion of Phase 1 Study Measuring Dosing Effects of LSD (press release, November 2020)
- MindMed Files Final Prospectus In Connection With Bought Deal Equity Financing (Psilocybin Alpha, October 2020)
- MindMed Announces $25 Million Bought Deal Public Offering (press release, October 2020)
- Turn On, Tune In, Get Well (The New Yorker, October 2020)
- MindMed Partners with NYU Langone Medical Center to Launch Groundbreaking Training Program for Psychedelic Therapies and Medicines (Psilocybin Alpha, October 2020)
- MindMed and Liechti Lab Announce R&D Collaboration On Psilocybin (Psilocybin Alpha, August 2020)
- MindMed Submits Application For NASDAQ Up-Listing, Appoints Canaccord Genuity As Financial Advisor (September 2020)
- MindMed Announces First-Ever Clinical Trial Combining MDMA and LSD (August 2020)
- Can Taking MDMA with LSD Help Prevent a ‘Bad Trip’? New Clinical Trial Investigates (Psilocybin Alpha, August 2020)
- Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. Announces Q2 2020 Financial Results (August 2020)
- MindMed Expanding R&D in Europe, Appoints Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli As President (press release, August 2020)
- MindMed Adds Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Expert Dr. Peter Gasser As Clinical Advisor For Project Lucy (Psychedelic Finance, August 2020)
- MindMed CEO: Psychedelics to Redefine How Mental Health is Addressed (Investing News, August 2020)
- MindMed Developing IP For Personalized Psychedelic Assisted Therapies (press release, June 2020)
- Forget Xanax. This Company Wants You to Take a Large Dose of LSD (Vice, June 2020)
- MindMed To Evaluate Ayahuasca’s Active Ingredient DMT In Phase 1 Clinical Trial Collaboration (press release, June 2020)
- Conversations: JR Rahn, MindMed (Report on Psychedelics, May 2020)
- MindMed Adds MDMA to Develop Next-Gen Psychedelic Therapies (May 2020)
- MindMed’s CEO Jamon “JR” Rahn Wants Nothing To Do With Those Psychedelic Decrim People (Psymposia, May 2020)
- LSD “off-switch” developed by psychedelic pharmaceutical company (New Atlas, April 2020)
- Psychedelic Pharmaceutical Company MindMed Develops LSD Neutralizer Technology To Shorten and Stop LSD Trips (press release, April 2020)
- MindMed Lists on NEO to Become World’s First Psychedelic Pharmaceutical Company to Go Public (press release, March 2020)
- A startup that wants to use psychedelics to treat addiction just raised $6.2 million from the host of Shark Tank and the architect behind the world’s biggest cannabis grower (Business Insider, September 2019)
Explore more company info with a Tree membership
📰 Weekly newsletter about the business of psychedelics
📈 Extended company information (analyst view, fundraising, revenue numbers)
🪄 Priority company page updates