Peter Gasser has done work on LSD and life-threatening diseases in Switzerland since 2008. He is a psychiatrist, psychotherapist, and study lead, working in private practice.
Peter Gasser has been a member of the Swiss Medical Society for Psycholytic Therapy since 1992 and its president since 1996. From 2008 to 2012 he conducted a randomized controlled trial with LSD assisted treatment in patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. A second (expanded) trial with the same study questions is running from 2017 to 2021.
He has been working in his own practice in Solothurn since 1997.
He has recently (August 2020) become an advisor to MindMed.
Notable Research Papers
- LSD-assisted psychotherapy for anxiety associated with a life-threatening disease: a qualitative study of acute and sustained subjective effects (Gasser et al., 2015)
- Acute effects of lysergic acid diethylamide in healthy subjects (Schmid et al., 2015)
- Safety and efficacy of lysergic acid diethylamide-assisted psychotherapy for anxiety associated with life-threatening diseases (Gasser et al., 2014)
He has also given various talks:
- MindMed Adds Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Expert Dr. Peter Gasser As Clinical Advisor For Project Lucy (Psychedelic Finance, August 2020)
- Peter Gasser: Psychedelic Psychotherapy in Switzerland (The Psychedelic Science Network Sweden, October 2017)
- Meet the Only Doctor in the World Legally Allowed to Use LSD to Treat Patients (Vice, November 2015)
- LSD, Reconsidered for Therapy (NYT, March 2014)
- LSD-Assisted Psychotherapy for Anxiety Secondary to Life Threatening Illness – Peter Gasser – Psychedelic Science (PS2013, April 2013)
Explore more info with a membership (any level)
🧑 Extended profile information
📈 In-depth psychedelic reports (Sprout & Tree)
🪄 Weekly psychedelic research & implementation newsletter (free)