Beckley Psytech will work on getting 5-MeO-DMT to market as the first of a variety of psychedelic medicines that should be better than current neuropsychiatric treatments.
The company has spun off from the non-profit Beckley Foundation and has Amanda Feilding as the director & chair of the scientific advisory board.
“Founded in 2019, Beckley Psytech is a for-profit company dedicated to helping patients suffering from neurological and psychiatric disorders by developing a pipeline of psychedelic compounds into licensed pharmaceutical medicines. Our vision, supplemented by our partnership with the Beckley Foundation, is for clinically validated psychedelic medicines to be integrated into modern medical practice in order to help patients in need around the world suffering with these profoundly debilitating conditions.”
By raising more than $3 million in June 2020 and $18.6 million in December 2020, the company aims to bring new psychedelic medicines to market. In August 2021, Beckley Psytech raised $80 million in an oversubscribed Series B financing round.
“Beckley Psytech will use the Series A funding to advance its lead programme exploring the use of synthetic 5-MeO-DMT, a unique psychedelic agent with a short duration of action, in the treatment of neuropsychiatric diseases.”
“This fundraise shows that our investors see the transformative potential of psychedelics as a new class of treatment for mental health and will enable us to accelerate our research and development programmes, as we prepare for our first clinical trial involving synthetic 5-MeO-DMT.”
- Cosmo Feilding Mellen – Director & CEO
- Amanda Feilding – Director & Chair of Scientific Advisory Board
- Steve Wooding – CSO
- Fiona Dunbar – Chief Medical Advisor
- Robin Carhart-Harris – Scientific Advisor
- Matthew Johnson – Scientific Advisor
- Beckley Psytech receives approval for clinical trial using psychedelic agent to treat severe headache condition (January 2021)
- Beckley Psytech Raises £14m ($18.6m) to Advance Development of 5-MeO-DMT for Neuropsychiatric Diseases (Psilocybin Alpha, December 2020)
- Beckley Psytech appoints renowned psychedelic experts to Scientific Advisory Board (August 2020)
- Beckley Psytech raises £3m to develop ground-breaking psychedelic medicines (June 2020)
B2C Pharmaceutical Biotech
Explore more company info with a Tree membership
📰 Weekly newsletter about the business of psychedelics
📈 Extended company information (analyst view, fundraising, revenue numbers)
🪄 Priority company page updates
Company NewsBeckley Psytech Announces Dosing of First Healthy Volunteers in Phase 1 Clinical Trial Assessing Safety and Pharmacokinetics of Second Innovative Formulation of 5-MeO-DMT (Businewsswire, 05 April 2022)
Beckley Psytech Raises £14m ($18.6m) to Advance Development of 5-MeO-DMT for Neuropsychiatric Diseases (Psilocybin Alpha, 19 December 2020)
Beckley Psytech has raised $18.6 million to advance 5-MeO-DMT (and third-generation follow-ups) through trials and hopes to have it be approved by 2025. Investors in the current round include Noetic and Bail Capital.