David Luke is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Greenwich, where he has been teaching an undergraduate course on the Psychology of Exceptional Human Experience since 2009, and also Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Psychedelic Research, Imperial College. His research focuses on transpersonal experiences, anomalous phenomena, and altered states of consciousness, especially via psychedelics, having published more than 100 academic papers in this area, including ten books.
David Luke directs the Ecology, Cosmos and Consciousness salon at the Institute of Ecotechnics, London, and is a co-founder and director of Breaking Convention. He has given over 300 invited public lectures and conference presentations; won teaching, research, and writing awards; organized numerous festivals, conferences, symposia, seminars, retreats, expeditions, pagan cabarets, and pilgrimages, and he lives life on the edge, of Sussex, UK.
Notable Research Papers
- The potential synergistic effects between psychedelic administration and nature contact for the improvement of mental health (Luke, et al., 2020)
- An evaluation of the role of mystical experiences in transpersonal ecopsychology (Freya & Luke, 2020)
- Anomalous psychedelic experiences: at the neurochemical juncture of the humanistic and parapsychological (Luke, 2020)
- The effects of microdose LSD on time perception: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (Yanakieva, Luke, et al., 2019)
- Discarnate entities and dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Psychopharmacology, phenomenology and ontology (Luke, 2015)
In our database you will also find him as an author on many more papers.
He has given many talks:
- Psychedelic Parapsychology and the Science of Shamanism | David Luke | TEDxGreenwichUniversity (TedX, 2020)
- The Science of Psychedelics & Nature Connectedness (The Weekend University, 2020)
- SYNESTHESIA, SHARED HALLUCINATIONS & TELEPATHY (Third Wave podcast, 2020)
- Hyperspatial journeys with your goods’elf: Experimental DMT field research (Breaking Convention, 2020)
- Can Psychedelics Reveal the Nature of Reality? | David Luke (Waking Cosmos podcast, 2019)
- Non-drug altered states as psychedelic experiences (Breaking Convention, 2019)
- Exploring the nature of anomalous psychedelic experiences (Medical Press, 2020)
- The Ethics of Taking the Drugs You Study (VICE, 2019)
- The psychedelic drug that could explain our belief in life after death (Little Atoms, 2019)
Explore more info with a membership (any level)
🧑 Extended profile information
📈 In-depth psychedelic reports (Sprout & Tree)
🪄 Weekly psychedelic research & implementation newsletter (free)
Vital Psychedelic Training
Psychedelics Today's Vital Psychedelic Training is a year-long professional certification program that delves into the facets of psychedelic therapy and integration.