Dr. Ingmar Gorman is a psychologist who specializes in assisting populations who have had experiences with psychedelics. He is the co-founder of Fluence, which trains mental health providers in psychedelic integration and therapy.
He is the site co-principal investigator and therapist on a MAPS Phase 3 clinical trial studying MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for post-traumatic stress disorder. He also co-founded the Psychedelic Education and Continuing Care Program in 2015 and directed the program until 2019. Dr. Gorman is a board member of Horizons Media, Inc., a not-for-profit educational charity and organizer of the Horizons Conference: Perspectives on Psychedelics. He completed his NIH funded postdoctoral fellowship at New York University in 2019.
Notable Research Papers
- Posttraumatic Growth After MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (Gorman et al., 2020)
- Use of LSD by Mental Health Professionals (Winkler et al., 2016)
- Electroencephalographic spectral and coherence analysis of ketamine in rats: correlation with behavioral effects and pharmacokinetics (Páleníček et al., 2011)
In our database you will also find him as an author on many more papers.
He has given public talks:
- THE PERFECT PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCE – Dr. Ingmar Gorman & Dr. Elizabeth Nielson (Third Wave, January 2019)
- Horizons 2018: INGMAR GORMAN, PH.D. & WILLA HALL, PH.D. “MDMA-Assisted Clinical Study of PTSD” (Horizons, 2018)
- MICRODOSING with Caution – Ingmar Gorman, PhD (Third Wave, April 2018)
- Horizons 2016: KATHERINE MACLEAN, Ph.D. & INGMAR GORMAN, M.A. “Psychedelic Integration” (Horizons, 2016)
- Psychedelic Therapy Schools Are Popping Up Like Mushrooms (Bloomberg, January 2021)
- Therapists Are Unprepared to Talk to People About Taking Psychedelics (Vice, March 2020)