Alexander Belser is a psychologist and psychedelic researcher at Yale University and New York University.
Alexander B. Belser is the co-investigator of two studies at Yale of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy as a treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and for major depression. He also teaches graduate courses in psychotherapy theory and practice at New York University. Alex sees patients with trauma as a study therapist in a trial of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy as a treatment for PTSD.
Alex has published a dozen peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. He received a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University, a Master of Philosophy degree from Cambridge University, and later studied clinical psychology at Columbia University and NYU. Alex was a founding member of the psychedelic research team at NYU in 2006.
- Alexander Belser at Queering Psychedelics | Chacruna (Queering Psychedelics/Chacruna, 2019)
- Alex Belser: The Psychedelic Mystical Experience (NPV, 2018)
- Alexander Belser: A Comparison of Psychedelic and Non-Psychedelic Mystical Experiences (Psychedelic Science, 2017)
- Dealing with cancer through psychedelics – Alex Belser (ICPR, 2016)
- Horizons 2012: ALEXANDER BELSER “The Rule of Three from NYU” (Horizons, 2012)