Numinus is a Canadian company trying to create a platform for the therapeutic use of psychedelics. Working together with researchers, yet also wanting to see how to make it commercially viable. The two founders both came here from personal experiences.
The company (September 2020) acquired the license to extract psilocybin from mushrooms for research. This is but one of their arms (Bioscience) and with the other parts of the company they aim to provide psychedelic therapies (Wellness).
There is more information on this in their investor presentation. Interestingly, they will use cannabis testing revenue to fuel (parts of) their growth.
The company was listed on the TSX Venture Exchange in May 2020. In December 2020 it acquired Mindspace Wellbeing, a Montreal-based health/therapy company.
As of March 2021, Numinus has raised a total of $51.1 million (US) following the closure of a bought deal financing offering.
In April 2022, the acquisition of Novamind, another clinic operator in North America, was announced.
One trial that the company is planning (PRIME) will investigate psilocybin-assisted therapy for substance use disorder (SUD).
- Payton Nyquvest – Chairman & CEO
- Evan Wood – CMO
- John Fong – CFO
- Michael Tan – COO
- Stacey Wallin – CSO
- Kraig Docherty – CPO (people)
- Gabor Maté – advisory board
- Dennis McKenna – advisory board
- Numinus, Syreon Progressing Toward Trial of Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy for SUD (Psych Congress, March 2021)
- Numinus to expand state-of-the-art psychedelics research laboratory (March 2021)
- Numinus Wellness Announces National Expansion with Acquisition of Montreal-Based Mindspace Wellbeing, a Full-service Well-being Organization and Pioneer in Psychedelic Programming (press release, December 2020)
- Numinus and MAPS Public Benefit Corporation Announce Collaboration Agreement to Seek Approval of MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for PTSD Single-Arm, Open-Label Trial (press release, December 2020)
- Numinus Announces Compassionate Access Trial of Psilocybin-Assisted Psychotherapy for Substance Use Disorders (press release, November 2020)
- Numinus First Canadian Public Company to Complete Legal Harvest of Psilocybe Mushrooms (October 2020)
- Numinus Commences Psilocybe Mushroom Cultivation at its Health Canada Licensed Laboratory (September 2020)
- EXCLUSIVE shareholder webinar with Numinus Wellness Founder and CEO Payton Nyquvest (Value The Markets, September 2020)
- Numinus Announces Filing of Final Short Form Prospectus for Offering of up to $4,000,000 (press release, September 2020)
- Numinus Wellness Inc. commences trading on TSX Venture Exchange as NUMI (press release, May 2020)
- Conversations: Payton Nyquvest, Numinus (Report on Psychedelics, May 2020)
- Waking Up to a New Consciousness: The Future of Transformative Wellness (Third Wave, December 2019)
Topics of Interest
Explore more company info with a Tree membership
📰 Weekly newsletter about the business of psychedelics
📈 Extended company information (analyst view, fundraising, revenue numbers)
🪄 Priority company page updates
Related Course(s)Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy
The Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy course examines the role of psychedelics in mental health treatment. With a focus on clinicians and healthcare providers, this online workshop illuminates the current research landscape, clinical applications, and methods for working with patients interested in or who have used psychedelics.